Wednesday 20 April 2011

Major champions set for Wentworth

Wentworth, the home of the European Tour, will host golf's four major champions in Charl Schwartzel, Graeme McDowell, Martin Kaymer and Open winner Louis Oosthuizen.

All four have confirmed for the BMW PGA championship which runs from the 26th to the 29th of May, and of more note the fact that it is the first time that all of golf’s Major men have been European Tour Members only further highlights the strenght of the tour at present.

For Martin Kaymer, winning in Surrey is definitely on the agenda: "I have a few goals and one is definitely to win here. When I played for the first time in 2007 it was a huge thing to me and I called my brother from the putting green and said 'do you know where I'm standing now?'

"It's the home of the European Tour and it would be fantastic to win."

1 comment: